Friday, December 01, 2006

Hello. So you've found this one. Well done.

I normally blog elsewhere, on my own website www.finkennedy.co.uk, where you can also keep up to date with all my other work and news. But much as I love that website, designed by my genius little brother, it's an html site that doesn't support comments. So I send out missives of wit and wisdom into the ether never quite knowing if anyone's reading them.

So I am toying with moving my blog here. But I haven't made up my mind. I love my other website and I don't want to leave it. But I'm getting lonely over there. My site stats say I'm getting 600 readers a month! But i find that a bit hard to believe. Every now and then I extend an invitation to readers to email me, but no-one ever seems to.

What do you think? Now I have started this one, you can let me know. Maybe there's a middle way? Can I blog over there but add a bit saying 'Comments' with a link to this site? Or is that all a bit complicated? Maybe you're a technical-type person who is laughing at my pathetic inability to set up a simple comments box on an html site.

Whatever you are, and whatever you think, leave a comment below to let me know. We're connected now after all.

9 comments:

Dave W said...

Hey Fin. I am one of your readers. I am also a playwright.
One solution could be to add haloscan comments to your other site - should be easy enough with a bit of html tinkering - get the skinny at http://www.haloscan.com
Either way keep providing content for me to read, it's an essential part of my daily procrastination routine.

lancewrite said...

I'm a regular at your old blog and I'm happy to check out both (so no help really). Best wishes, LW

sbs said...

As a longtime blogspotter I think you're making a good move. If you do in fact move. But hey, the old site is good too and I'm sure you can find a friendly geek to sort your comments dilemma.

John Donnelly said...

Hello Fin.

I hope you are well. I'm sorry to have missed Locked In at Hampstead. i hope to make your play in Sheffield.

I hope it goes very well

JD

Jihan said...

Hi Fin! Congrats on your new blog. I'm a fan of the comments box which can lead to interesting discussions on some blogs. It might be a bit complicated to read a post on one site then link to another site to comment but that could be the laziness talking. Just my two cents. Also, I think other bloggers, etc can find you on this site with more ease and blogroll you as well.

Fin said...

Thanks everyone! Sorry for being such a useless twat. Let the debates commence!

Ben Ellis said...

Hey Fin, I'm also one of your readers, who also likes both sites. It's nice to be able to make a comment - for some reason, emailing seems less personal. Not sure why. I'm a bit weird and so is everybody else, maybe?

Fin said...

I know what you mean Ben. Its also almost like you have to have more to say to justify an email, whereas dashing off comments is easier and more spontaneous. Anyway, welcome.

Fin said...

Blimey Dave W, I've just had a look at haloscan. All a bit beyond me. Think i'll keep it simple! Thanks anyway.