Friday, May 18, 2007

I've been being a critic again this week, watching some fringe shows for Resonance FM's theatre magazine show On The Fringe. Last night I saw the opening of Phil Willmott's new version of Gorky's The Lower Depths at the Finborough, and the night before that I saw an improv group called The Institute at Canal Cafe Theatre. I'm pleased to report that both shows were rather good, which makes reviewing them a whole lot more fun. You can tune in to my inane ramblings on Monday night at 9pm on 104.4FM (so long as you live in London).

In other news, I've discovered the curse that is Facebook. I predict that it will be the death of all self-employed people attempting to work from home.

3 comments:

David Byrne said...

Hello,

Just wanted to say that I recently purchased your play and have finished reading it today.

I really enjoyed it.

It was fantastic to read a play with that interesting, theatrically sound and had some cracking jokes in.

Thanks.

D

Fin said...

Thanks David! It was a long time in the making so really glad you enjoyed it, that's what makes it all worthwhile.

David Eldridge said...

Although white and male at least you can't be accused of being dead... ho ho ho

Read your play too. It's very good. I hope it gets done again.